FTFB Project Application
The Fijians Trust Fund Board was established by the Fiji Government in 2001 under the Fijians Trust Fund Act to foster advancement of the indigenous Fijians and Rotumans in assisting in their economic, social, cultural, community and political development.
This application form has been prepared as a guide for individuals and organizations who wish to make an application to the FTFB for financial support for a project. Projects respond to the following mandated objectives, which are intended to be charitable in purpose, will be given due consideration:
- To provide funding for the undertaking, promotion and sponsoring programmes on Fijian language, culture and the study of ethno-history and ethno-geography.
- To provide funding to help develop the management, leadership and entrepreneurial skills of the indigenous Fijians and Rotumans.
- To sponsor research into languages, art and culture of indigenous Fijians and Rotumans and the better understanding of their culture and heritage.
A. Project Overview
The overview should be a maximum of two pages in length and the reader should be able to understand from it:
- Who is applying for financial support?
- What is the overall scope, general benefit and total cost of the project?
- How the project is proposed to be developed or delivered in broad terms?
- Where the project will take place?
- When the project will take place?
- Why the FTFB would sponsor?
The Overview will reiterate the important points from each section of the document. It should not introduce new ideas or recommendations in the overview that are not detailed in the body of the document.
B. Applicant Information
- Who is applying for funding?
- Are you an individual, non-profit society, business, government, etc?
- Who will be the contact for the project (Include names, address, phone, fax, email?
- Are there any other partners or organisations involved in this project?
The project scope should identify and quantify where possible the need and benefits of the project and should answer the following questions:
1. What is the project?
- What are the specific deliverables or products (i.e., a report, video, books, etc.)
- What will the project accomplish?
- What tangible results will this project achieve?
- Are there intangible results?
2. What is the need for this project?
- Was the need identified through a formal process such as a needs assessment, study, gap analysis, etc?
- If there was no formal process, how was the need identified?
- Are there different options to implement the project?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different options?
Does this project:
- Benefit a community, village, district, province, youth, women, etc? How?
- Promote or develop a particular language/cultural/heritage/leadership/entrepreneurial item? How?
- Have short and long term benefits? If so what are they?
- Have sustainability
4. Why should FTFB fund this project?
- How does the project relate to the mission statement of the FTFB?
- What other resources are being applied to this project (ie. Volunteers, in-kind services?
This section should identify how the project will be implemented if funding is provided:
1.What work is to be done?
- What specific tasks are required to deliver the project?
2. How will this project be implemented?
- Will the work be done solely by you, a partnership, as a team, or will some aspects be contracted out?
- If a consultant or contractor is to be hired, what process do you intend to use to hire (eg. direct award, local contractor preference, tender, etc)??
- Will a MOU be required?
3. Who will be accountable for results?
- Who will be accountable for project results and what are their qualifications?
- How will the success of this project be measured?
- What targets will be set to ensure you are on track and on budget?
- How will you report project progress to the FTFB?
4. What are the timelines?
- When will the project start and end?
- What are the key stages and achievements of the project?
- When are these key stages scheduled to happen?
- What measures will be put in place to ensure timeline are met?
This section should detail the following:
1. Funding Requirement
- Is it required in a lump sum or on a fee for service basis?
- Are start-up advances required? If so, for what?
- Are financial requests justified?
- How often and at what stages will you submit invoices?
- What type of expenses will be incurred?
Other information that may support your funding request may be attached in appendix form (eg. project plan, CV, organisation profile, etc.).
For further information please contact FTFB at:
Registered Office: 87 Queen Elizabeth Drive, Draiba, Suva
Postal Address: GPO Box 2327, Government Buildings, Suva
Phone: (679) 3319 637
Fax: (679) 3319 638
Email contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com